The Nanoengineering Laboratory works across the technical areas of nanotechnology, instrumentation, materials science, thermal transport, and micro- and nano-manufacturing. We take a broad view towards aligning our work across the domains of science, technology, and commerce. Researchers join the Nanoengineering Laboratory to develop their skills for understanding scientific fundamentals, advancing the state of the art technology, and seeking translational impact.
- Pyroelectric electron emission paper is No. 1 download in Applied Physics Letters
- University of Illinois researchers measure near-field behavior of semiconductor plasmonic microparticles
- Small in size, big on power: New microbatteries a boost for electronics
- University of Illinois researchers develop novel technique for chemical identification at the nanometer scale
- Nanometer-scale diamond tips improve nano-manufacturing